Did you know that after eight years your mattress has doubled in size? This is due to the amount of sweat, dead skin, and dust mites that have been accumulated in the mattress over the years. If this fact fills you with horror, perhaps it is time to throw out your old mattress and purchase a newer, more hygienic, and more comfortable one. Your quality of sleep is strongly tied to the comfort level of your mattress, and so if you find yourself tossing and turning at night, now is the time to invest in a new mattress. But how do you know what to look for? Which type of mattress is for you? The following article may be able to help you, as it outlines some tips for finding the perfect mattress from Akron mattress stores.
Tips for Finding the Perfect Mattress
Finding the perfect mattress should not be left to chance. You need to do your research and think carefully about what you and your spouse need in order to get a restful night’s sleep. The following list can help you out in your mattress search, as it offers a few helpful tips for finding the perfect mattress for you and getting a great night’s sleep.
- Research online: There are so many different types of mattresses out there, that you will do well to narrow your search a bit by perusing the Internet for a bit before going into a store to try out mattresses in person.
- Speak with your chiropractor: If you suffer from chronic back pain, neck pain, or migraines, your mattress may be the culprit. If you have a physician or chiropractor that you are seeing regularly, ask them what type of mattress would best suit your condition. There are many top-of-the-line mattresses out there that will cost you thousands, but all the money in the world will not help if you are sleeping on a pillow-top mattress when your back requires a firm one.
- Don’t feel self-conscious about trying out mattresses: When it comes to shoes and mattresses, the only way to tell if they are a good fit is to try them out. Wear comfortable clothes to the mattress store, and take off your shoes each time you “test drive” a mattress.” Lie down in your normal position for sleeping, and take several minutes testing out each mattress until you find the perfect fit. What you are doing is nothing that the sales people do not see dozens of times each day, so discard your inhibitions and truly test drive potential mattresses.
- Get a mattress with a guarantee: There is no denying that purchasing a mattress can be a bit of a gamble, but you can reduce that risk by purchasing a mattress that comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. This way you can avoid feeling remorse over spending so much money on an expensive mattress and simply return it to the store if it isn’t working out the way you’d hoped.
- Do your needs differ from your spouse’s? In many instances, one spouse will require a firm mattress for a comfortable sleep, while the other spouse will require a much softer mattress. The two of you are not destined for separate bedrooms, as there are now adjustable mattresses on the market that can be adjusted to accommodate both spouses at the same time. When visiting Akron mattress stores, ask about adjustable mattresses to help both you and your spouse sleep well at night.